? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "Save Template" CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Assigment #9

In assignment #9 I am to write a series of entries of my time as a loyalist traveling to British North America.




June 7, 1785
Dear Diary,
My name is Rose Johnson, I am 18, and I am a loyalist. I do not believe it is fair to the crown if we stop serving them, now is not the time for change. This is why I am leaving to find a place where I can serve in peace.
Today is my first day of travel and I have decided to stop by a lake to rest and write in my diary. I have promised myself that I will write in my diary every second day of my journey. By documenting my journey, my friend Bethany (whom I had to leave because she thinks the time of change is upon us,) will know that I am fine.
I believe that I must leave and continue walking, and riding if lucky, to get to British North America. I will stop at the first river I find in two days time.

With love
Rose


June 9, 1785
Dear Diary,
I am quite happy right now because I met a man named William he is my age and really sweet. He said to me yesterday that " I believe you are as sweet as your name." I am traveling with him, he is great company and an excellent hiker so in my time traveling with him will be a piece of cake! Now I must leave remember, two days.

With love
Rose

June 11, 1785
Dear Diary,
We recently ran out of food from our packs. We have only been eating scraps, William offered to go steal a knife and hunt, but I said as long as we can find fruit and such, we should be good for a few more days. Honestly though I just don't want to eat meat while seeing what it is that I'm eating.

Love, Rose

June 14, 1785
Dear Diary,
I'm sorry that I didn't write sooner, but two days ago we couldn't find any thing to eat so we even tried hunting, but there was nothing nearby so we went into town , even though I was quite reluctant to go the shop keeper yelled at us, and as we tried to run away, he shot at us and hit William in the upper thigh area, so I've spent the past few days taking care of him. Last night I snuck back into the store and stole some food from the rotten shop keeper and then went into the hospital and got some stuff for William. I hope he gets better soon.

Love
Rose


July 15, 1785

Dear Diary,

By tomorrow we should be able to start traveling again. When William saw me writing the other day, he said it was ridiculous and stupid as well as a waste of valuable time. After I let him calm down I explained why I am writing and he said "If she does not believe the same as you then she is not your friend." Then he got really mad when I told him that the idea was stupid and idiotic and he said that we should not have any friends. Then I told him "You are my friend, are you suggesting we should not be." he said it was different and hasn't said a word to me since. I will apologize and tell him that I will continue writing because I have made a promise that I would.
Love
Rose
July 17, 1785
Dear Diary,
We have finally crossed the border I am quite happy I am not sure where I will go or what I will do bu all I know is that we are at a place where we will not be criticised this will be my last entry, and first chance I get I will mail this out.
Love
Rose
P.S.
William has forgiven me. He probably values our friendship too much.
P.P.S.
I am 99% sure that where I will be William will be there too.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Please leave a comment, I enjoy reading them!